Sunday, February 3, 2008

Are you positive?

Came home from work and took the pregnancy test just before dinner, fully expecting it to come out negative. Before Christmas I was similarly convinced that I was pregnant when my period was also a week late, and being utterly crestfallen to find -- after about 3 tests in a matter of as many days -- that I was not. This time the litmus took no time at all in registering the positive sign of the cross. Needless to say, Mr Green was over the moon and couldn't stop smiling at dinner. After calling both future nannies, I decided to take another test just to be sure. Again, positive. A sleepless night followed as we tried to absorb the reality of what we had accomplished and just how drastically our lives would now change from this moment forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment